The Battle Society
Hello and welcome to The Battle Society! If you haven't done so yet, register and enjoy your stay!
The Battle Society
Hello and welcome to The Battle Society! If you haven't done so yet, register and enjoy your stay!
The Battle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle Society

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Battle Society!
We currently have 2 tournaments running. Check out the Tournaments forum for more details!
The forum has recently went through many changes! Please read the most recent global announcement for more info!
We have officially won the site war against BattleFrontierClan in a complete shutout! Please take the time to congratulate the battlers.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» ANYONE WANT TO BATTLE POKEMON BLACK/WHITE 2
Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:01 am by robbot12345

» Rate the Avatar Above You
Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:43 am by Guest

» Question of the day
Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 pm by Guest

» The Thread Of LOL (your going to hell soon)
Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 pm by Guest

» TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY WANT ! :P
Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 am by Guest

» Music Thread
Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 am by Guest

» Pokemon Roleplaying Adventure
Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 am by Guest

» Glow Shop
Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 am by Guest

» Number game
Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 pm by Guest

Poll
Should we have a team tournament?
Yes
Gimmick Gastly I_vote_lcap100%Gimmick Gastly I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 19 ]
No
Gimmick Gastly I_vote_lcap0%Gimmick Gastly I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Gimmick Gastly

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Gimmick Gastly Empty
PostSubject: Gimmick Gastly   Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Gimmick Gastly 09210

Gastly @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Ability: Levitate
-Mean Look
-Curse
-Substitute / Protect
-Pain Split

If you're looking for a gimmick set, you've come to the right place. Why make use of a relatively strong base 100 SpA? Clearly that wouldn't make sense. So instead I decided to try to capitalize on gastly's base 80 Spe. Basically, the whole point of this set is to take out a wall that is really annoying to your team. Mean look to prevent it from switching out first of all. Then curse. Curse will cut your HP by half but also do 1/4 damage to the opponent every turn. Then simply substitute or protect (whichever floats your boat) to victory! This set is basically like a mean look perish song set. The only difference is that this set can be used in NU. Still, the cons of this set far outweigh the pros on this set. Taunt COMPLETELY walls this set. Not to mention that gastly probably couldn't live a splash from a magikarp since it only has 30 / 30 / 35 defenses. Base 80 speed really isn't that fast, even with a timid nature. In conclusion, don't use this gastly unless you're trying to lose (or if you're feelin' lucky).
Back to top Go down

Gimmick Gastly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gimmick Gastly   Gimmick Gastly Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:59 am

Please post custom sets that are at least somewhat viable in competitive play. Locking
Back to top Go down

Gimmick Gastly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Battle Society :: Trash Forum-
Jump to: