The Battle Society
Hello and welcome to The Battle Society! If you haven't done so yet, register and enjoy your stay!
The Battle Society
Hello and welcome to The Battle Society! If you haven't done so yet, register and enjoy your stay!
The Battle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle Society

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Battle Society!
We currently have 2 tournaments running. Check out the Tournaments forum for more details!
The forum has recently went through many changes! Please read the most recent global announcement for more info!
We have officially won the site war against BattleFrontierClan in a complete shutout! Please take the time to congratulate the battlers.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» ANYONE WANT TO BATTLE POKEMON BLACK/WHITE 2
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:01 am by robbot12345

» Rate the Avatar Above You
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:43 am by Guest

» Question of the day
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 pm by Guest

» The Thread Of LOL (your going to hell soon)
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 pm by Guest

» TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY WANT ! :P
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 am by Guest

» Music Thread
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 am by Guest

» Pokemon Roleplaying Adventure
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 am by Guest

» Glow Shop
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 am by Guest

» Number game
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 pm by Guest

Poll
Should we have a team tournament?
Yes
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. I_vote_lcap100%My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 19 ]
No
My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. I_vote_lcap0%My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Empty
PostSubject: My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better.   My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 4:13 am

With the new game out, we have a lot of good pokemon that comes in the pictures. Plus a lot of unreleased pokemon as well. Not to mention thanks to the move tutors, many pokemon have gotten a really good move in their hands. So now i present you, a team that i designed myself. It is still a [WIP] but i pretty much have a really good defensive core coming on.

My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. 591
Amoonguss (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog / Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]

**Now before you all jump into conclusions, Amoonguss is a pokemon that will stand out in OU. It is a great check to rain teams. And not only that, but it's the best check to Keldeo. It can come in on any Keldeo's attacks, HP Ice wont even 2HKO this shroom. The best way to look at the dilemma is to look at its resistances. It x2 resists water and electric and fighting, while x4 resisting grass. With the plethora of special water attacks and electric attacks in this rain-dominated metagame, it is clear that one should go for a more special defensive spread. Not even a Choice Specs Hydro Pump from Keldeo can bring down this shroom.

With rain and Specs: 252 SpAtk Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Amoonguss (+SpDef) : 41.9% - 49.31%
3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Not to mention it checks most Volturn teams with Scizor and Rotom-W..

My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. 080
Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic
- Flamethrower / Thunderwave
- Slack Off

**When you have Slowbro and Amoonguss, you already have a defensive core right here. Slowbro will take any Fire and Ice type moves thrown at Amoonguss. While Amoonguss checks Electric and Grass moves thrown at Slowbro. As they both force a lot of switch ins, they can para-shuffle pretty good.

My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. 490
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass
- Stealth Rock

**With Heatran in with Amoonguss and Slowbro, you already have a really awesome Fire/Water/Grass core. Heatran can take any Bug moves and Flying moves that can really dent Amoonguss and Slowbro. Not to mention, Heatran can hit hard as well.

These 3 pokemon are a sticky to this team, i just need three others that can make this team a really good team. Most notably, i only have D-nite, Starmie, and Scizor as default right now.
I need your help to help build this team! Smile

Last edited by Juanca on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better.   My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:10 pm

It's called rate my team, not build my team. Sorry, locking. Please don't post here (since you have the power to) until you can provide 3 more pokemon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better.   My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Max21 wrote:
It's called rate my team, not build my team. Sorry, locking. Please don't post here (since you have the power to) until you can provide 3 more pokemon.
Uhh no sir, you cannot lock this.
I already posted 3 more pokemon below if you didn't read. I'll put them in bold if it helps.
Btw, i know it's not build my team, but it clearly states in the RMT section, "post your team here if you need help on your team or think its a pretty good team."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better.   My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 am

Quote :
1.) Provide a description of each Pokemon in your team.

Quote :
I need your help to help build this team! Smile

'gg'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better.   My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:44 am

Please complete this topic as stated as max said above and it will be unlocked and move again until this happens it stays locked thank and have a good day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better.   My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My team. A solution to rain teams? or even better.
Page 1 of 1