The Battle Society
Hello and welcome to The Battle Society! If you haven't done so yet, register and enjoy your stay!
The Battle Society
Hello and welcome to The Battle Society! If you haven't done so yet, register and enjoy your stay!
The Battle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle Society

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Battle Society!
We currently have 2 tournaments running. Check out the Tournaments forum for more details!
The forum has recently went through many changes! Please read the most recent global announcement for more info!
We have officially won the site war against BattleFrontierClan in a complete shutout! Please take the time to congratulate the battlers.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» ANYONE WANT TO BATTLE POKEMON BLACK/WHITE 2
Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:01 am by robbot12345

» Rate the Avatar Above You
Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:43 am by Guest

» Question of the day
Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 pm by Guest

» The Thread Of LOL (your going to hell soon)
Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 pm by Guest

» TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY WANT ! :P
Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 am by Guest

» Music Thread
Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 am by Guest

» Pokemon Roleplaying Adventure
Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 am by Guest

» Glow Shop
Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 am by Guest

» Number game
Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 pm by Guest

Poll
Should we have a team tournament?
Yes
Hanley's NU I_vote_lcap100%Hanley's NU I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 19 ]
No
Hanley's NU I_vote_lcap0%Hanley's NU I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Hanley's NU

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Hanley's NU Empty
PostSubject: Hanley's NU   Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:09 am

Team At Glance:

Hanley's NU 042 Hanley's NU 600 Hanley's NU 072 Hanley's NU 189 Hanley's NU 093 Hanley's NU 181

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Golbat Hanley's NU 042
Golbat @ Eviolite
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 32 HP / 224 Def / 224 SDef / 28 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Haze
- Toxic

Usually my lead. GREAT counter to the oh so common Ninjask lead. Brave bird is its main stab attack, but attacking isn't this guys main role. The star move is haze. After attacking the Ninjask and finally forcing it to baton pass its speed boosts (and) swords dances, haze will eliminate all the stat changes. Toxic and roost and self explanatory. It's EV's and eviolite make it a fairly sturdy defensive pokemon.

Klang Hanley's NU 600
Klang @ Eviolite
Trait: Minus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return

Physical Attacker. If Klinklang was sent to RU, then Klang will take his place. Might i mention that although he has has attack power than his evolution, with the eviolite he has higher defenses, meaning he can take more hits. This is more of a sweeping set with the help from the EV's. Substitute is mainly to block status conditions. Shift gear turns this slow pokemon into a fast one while boosting its attack power at the same time. Gear grind is the main stab attacking move, also great for pokemon with substitutes because the first hit breaks the sub and the second hit will damage the pokemon. return is to hit pokemon that resist gear grind.

Tentacool Hanley's NU 072
Tentacool @ Eviolite
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain

This guy is a pro. yet again another very sturdy pokemon with eviolite and can take many hits. Knock off is both very helpful and very satisfying. Getting rid of the opponents item can be crucial into sometimes making it almost useless. Toxic spikes will cause problems for most people wearing down pokemon and annoying anyone without a poison type or a spinner. Rapid spin is self explanatory, it is one of the few in NU to have access to it and is untouched by common spinblockers such as Misdreavus, Frillish, and Haunter. Lastly is giga drain, which is helpful for healing tentacool but is more important for hitting Gorebyss, Giga Drain will OHKO a -1 Gorebyss.

Jumpluff Hanley's NU 189
Jumpluff @ Flying Gem
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

Is this a subseed jumpluff? NO. Never been a fan of it and never will. I dont mess around but instead get right to the point and kill with this guy. pretty obvious set, put them to sleep, use swords dance, kill them and repeat. I dont risk putting the next pokemon to sleep if i already have swords dance(s) up as I go right for the kill (unless I know they can take a hit). Also i always use seed bomb until they resist it as i like to keep my flying gem on my acrobatics until i really need it. Jumpluff is fast and powerful.

Haunter Hanley's NU 093
Haunter @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Special attacker. You guys recognize this gengar set from OU? well haunter can also be used for the same reason, but in NU. The sub-disable set forces so many switches its great. fighting pokemon often only have 1 move that can hit a ghost type such as haunter and using substitute to take the hit and then disabling it forces them to switch out. giving you a free move to hit them with stab shadow ball or set up another sub. leftovers is to restore substituted health and hp fighting is to hit steel types and normal types.

Ampharos Hanley's NU 181
Ampharos @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Heal Bell
- Cotton Guard
- Charge Beam

wall+special attacker=tank? With EV's and nature upping it's hp and sp.defense, and cotton guard boosting its defense +3 having +6 defense in just 2 moves. this thing becomes a monster. leftovers is greatly appreciated in this set. being able to take physical hits very well is good, but paralyzing the opponent with static is the icing on the cake. charge beam is its stab move, often boosting its sp.attack and hp water is for coverage, hitting ground types. Healbell is very helpful and self explanatory.

Please be a helper and not a hater as this took me a very long time to make, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down

Hanley's NU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanley's NU   Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:33 am

Very Happy Awesome team!!! I like how you have 3 eviolites already xD But that team looks great!
Back to top Go down

Hanley's NU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanley's NU   Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Hmmm Pretty Nice Nice If I Have To Rate It 1-10 I Rate it 8.7 Smile
Back to top Go down

Hanley's NU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanley's NU   Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 pm

[MF] banaenaeartist91 wrote:
Very Happy Awesome team!!! I like how you have 3 eviolites already xD But that team looks great!
lol i know but i love that item and i like being able to switch in and take hits.
Back to top Go down

Hanley's NU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanley's NU   Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Frage wrote:
Hmmm Pretty Nice Nice If I Have To Rate It 1-10 I Rate it 8.7 Smile
Thanks Smile Any advice on how I can improve it?
Back to top Go down

Hanley's NU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanley's NU   Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:19 am

nice team you broke item clause lol but nonetheless pretty good team

i reccomend scrapping tentacool for carracosta though
overall,

9.1/10
Back to top Go down

Hanley's NU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanley's NU   Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:33 am

I play without item clause :p
Back to top Go down

Hanley's NU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanley's NU   Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 am

You should scrap Golbat for Torkoal to complete your FWG core, while Golbat may be an exceptional counter to Ninjask nobody really runs Ninjask as a lead anymore, or a Ninjask for that matter due to it's horrid x4 Stealth Rock weakness. If you were to run a Torkoal, you would not only complete the aforementioned FWG core but also have a great Stealth Rock lead with incredible Defensive bulk to compliment the special defensive bulk of your Tentacool. Keeping this in mind you can constantly switch in from Torkoal and Tentacool to take hits, phaze Pokemon out, and rack up damage with the rocks and Toxic Spikes. One last thing I want to mention about having a Torkoal is the ability to phaze out booster sweepers such as Sawsbuck or Shelgon with Yawn, and cripple offensive Pokemon such as Absol and Braviary with Lava Plume and it's chance to Burn the opponent. Other than that this team isn't too bad, I'll give it a 7 out of 10.
Back to top Go down

Hanley's NU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanley's NU   Hanley's NU Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:55 am

StratoArctica9000 wrote:
You should scrap Golbat for Torkoal to complete your FWG core, while Golbat may be an exceptional counter to Ninjask nobody really runs Ninjask as a lead anymore, or a Ninjask for that matter due to it's horrid x4 Stealth Rock weakness. If you were to run a Torkoal, you would not only complete the aforementioned FWG core but also have a great Stealth Rock lead with incredible Defensive bulk to compliment the special defensive bulk of your Tentacool. Keeping this in mind you can constantly switch in from Torkoal and Tentacool to take hits, phaze Pokemon out, and rack up damage with the rocks and Toxic Spikes. One last thing I want to mention about having a Torkoal is the ability to phaze out booster sweepers such as Sawsbuck or Shelgon with Yawn, and cripple offensive Pokemon such as Absol and Braviary with Lava Plume and it's chance to Burn the opponent. Other than that this team isn't too bad, I'll give it a 7 out of 10.
Thanks for the help Smile I will try that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hanley's NU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanley's NU   Hanley's NU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hanley's NU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Battle Society :: Competitive battling :: (RMT) Rate My Team-
Jump to: