The Battle Society
Hello and welcome to The Battle Society! If you haven't done so yet, register and enjoy your stay!
The Battle Society
Hello and welcome to The Battle Society! If you haven't done so yet, register and enjoy your stay!
The Battle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle Society

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Battle Society!
We currently have 2 tournaments running. Check out the Tournaments forum for more details!
The forum has recently went through many changes! Please read the most recent global announcement for more info!
We have officially won the site war against BattleFrontierClan in a complete shutout! Please take the time to congratulate the battlers.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» ANYONE WANT TO BATTLE POKEMON BLACK/WHITE 2
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:01 am by robbot12345

» Rate the Avatar Above You
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:43 am by Guest

» Question of the day
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 pm by Guest

» The Thread Of LOL (your going to hell soon)
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 pm by Guest

» TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY WANT ! :P
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 am by Guest

» Music Thread
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 am by Guest

» Pokemon Roleplaying Adventure
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 am by Guest

» Glow Shop
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 am by Guest

» Number game
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 pm by Guest

Poll
Should we have a team tournament?
Yes
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  I_vote_lcap100%The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 19 ]
No
The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  I_vote_lcap0%The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Empty
PostSubject: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:16 pm

The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Pokemon_Black_and_Whit_Banner_by_RXX45_Youtube
The Battle Societ Clan Wars

If you wish to learn how to form your own clan, please read all of this info then scroll to the bottom of this post.

Ok so many of you guys have asked, "How will this Clan War thing work?" Many people are confused and are often thinking it's like the Pokemon League. The Staff and myself have conducted these Clan Wars to be nothing alike with the Pokemon League. The Pokemon League was a failure with little or no activity what so ever, so without further ado, i made a simple system for the Clan Wars.

I'm going to start with the challenges. Anyone as a CLAN can challenge a clan; what i mean about that is that the whole clan must agree on whom they challenge. But of course, the clan who is being challenged must accept or deny the request. If there is already a clan war going on between two clans, nobody can challenge those two clans. When the clan war proceeds, both clans have 1 week to finish up their battles unless the battles are finished early, then both clan proceed to challenge other clans earlier. The format should be 4 vs 4 (with a sub) smogon rules. In regards with the tiers, I've made a system to which you play all tiers in the clan war. (OU, UU, RU, and NU). What i mean about that is:

Wonka Bar vs Herpa Derpa

Juanca vs Herp derp 1 (OU)
Max 21 vs Herp derp 2 (UU)
Ruby Frage vs Herp derp 3 (RU)
TheClutchDutch vs Herp derp 4 (NU)

You can only have one of the same tier in the clan war, so there should not be two OU battles in the clan war. The only reason i made it like this is because both clans might disagree in what tiers they want to play, a randomizer is an option but the one who is randomizing it might lie so puts them into an advantage, and the same could be said with flipping a coin. Sorry but this is the best way with "fairness" plus we all need practice with all the tiers.

So now recruitments, each clan should have their starting 4 (including clan leader) and subs. So far each clan has only one. So in regards to "fairness" each clan has to recruit at least one member ONE AT A TIME. But, cannot recruit more than 8 members.

Ex: Wonka Bar clan recruited Max69
(the clan is the only one who recruited someone so he has to wait until all of the clans have recruited one to proceed on recruiting one more member)

The recruitments still need a bit of improvements in my opinion, as for the limit, you can only a maximum of four subs. meaning you can only have eight members including the clan leaders. Seems good right? If all four of the starting are taking a break, bring your four others to do the war for you.

So with the rule of one week to complete one clan war, I will talk about transfers and transfer period.
Clan leaders has a price on his/her players. When the Transfer Window is open during transfer period, you can place bids on each player with your pokedollars. The Transfer Window will be open for a week only, and place as many bids as possible. Clan members excluding Clan Leaders must have a price no higher than 200 pokedollars. I'm not going to promise you that you will get that player for sure because the clan member must agree if he wants to leave the clan or not. But this also gives the Clan leaders a decision if he wants to buy a better player for his/her clan. This will encourage everyon to post more and make the forum more active by trying to get pokedollars so they can bid on players for their clan.

Ex:
  • Wonka Bars budget with pokedollars
  • Juanca has a total of 101 pokedollars, Max 21 has a total of 24 pokedollars, Frag has a total of 245 pokedollars, The Clutch Dutch has a total of 34 pokedollars.
  • in total the clan has a budget of 404 pokedollars.
  • So with this money Wonka Bar clans can buy a 200 pokedollar player to our clan.
[This system will not be in use for the time being]

The Transfer Window should be open on Saturday, June 23 and it should end on Saturday, June 30. After the first Transfer Window, we have to wait three weeks for the next one each time.

During the transfer period, teams are allowed to make agreements and trade members if they wish.

Clans are allowed a maximum of 8 members. Clans MUST have a total of 4 members in order to participate in clan wars which will be 4v4. Having extra members for subs will be beneficial since if you fail to get a match done due to activity, it will be treated as a loss.

Challenge and Ranking System

Clans must be in a war at least once every 2 weeks. If they fail to do so, they will be warned. If they continue to do so, they will be penalized and possibly removed from the clan roster.

If a clan challenges another clan, the clan MAY NOT deny the challenge. Once a war is confirmed, the leaders must post their rosters on the war thread. Which reminds me, the war thread MUST be in the thread of the clan that was challenged. The title must contain which clan is battling who. The thread must contain the match ups and results. War results must be posted in the war thread.

The tiers used will be OU, UU, RU, and NU. Clan leaders must decide who in their clan will battle in each tier, then post the roster on the war thread. Once both rosters are decided, a tournament director will then take over from there as if it were a normal tourney. Here are the tournament directors:

- Max21
- Snk
- StratoArctica9000
- McSuper

Please note that the tournament director may not take the role if they are in a clan and their clan is involved in the war!

Currently, there are 4 clans, all of them are striving to be #1 ranked in TBS top clans.
The way we are scoring the points for each clan are simple. In each clan war, each win in a battle is 3 points added to your team, loss is 0 points, and if there is any draws, 1 point. Rage quits are a score of 3-0 by default.

Ex:
Wonka Bars vs Dickless

-Juanca vs No_Dick (0-4)
-Max21 vs Pingasaur (0-6)
-Frage vs Dickme (2-0)
-Dragon vs 69slutfuck (0-3)

So the score was 3-1. Wonka bars earned 3 points while the dickless earned 9 points.
The points will be finalized each time every clan faces each other. So in this case since there are four clans, everyone should get 3 clans wars with each clan.

If there is a TIE in points. Then we go on and count how many pokemon we had left. So for example using the scores from above....

The Rising Storm clan earned 9 points at the end of the clan wars and Dickless earned 9 points.
All of the clan members of the Rising Storm won 3 of their battles by 2-0 and one lost by 2-0.
Dickless has a 4-0 ,6-0 ,and 3-0 victories, plus a 2-0 defeat.
In total, The Rising Storm got 4 pokemon difference. (3x2 victory) - 2 loss OR 6-2=4
While Dickless has a 11 pokemon difference (6+4+3 victory) - 2 loss OR 13-2=11
Making Dickless number one clan of TBS because of pokemon difference.

Not quite sure if it makes sense or not, but i tried my best so you can all understand.

Substitutions

You may substitute players as much as necessary with the players on your sub list, as long as the battle gets done. Just don't go overboard with substitutes.

Creating New Clans

If all of the clans are full and not accepting any members, you may create your own clan! Just gather yourself and at least 3 other members then send your application to a tournament director. Applications must state the clan name, the leader, and the members. The They will then approve or disapprove your clan and then create you a sub-forum in the clans section.

Leave any suggestions so we can add on or we can change, and i hope you like the Clan War system! Smile

Max21 EDIT: That should be it, every thing is in place. So get challenging!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Everything is good! However, the randomizing of who plays what tier doesn't seem good. Leaders should be able to put their best players on the tier thay are best at.

And just an opinion, but no one likes NU lol. Requesting that the NU spot becomes another OU or an Uber spot.

We need to set up the transfer system and talk about how new clans can be formed. We should also set a basic valueof pokedollars so we know how much to set each player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:23 pm

[WB] Max21 wrote:
Everything is good! However, the randomizing of who plays what tier doesn't seem good. Leaders should be able to put their best players on the tier thay are best at.

And just an opinion, but no one likes NU lol. Requesting that the NU spot becomes another OU or an Uber spot.

We need to set up the transfer system and talk about how new clans can be formed. We should also set a basic valueof pokedollars so we know how much to set each player.

I don't have a randomizer, Max. xD
In each clan war, each clan is to play every tier lol
Transfer system can be improved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:06 am

i do Randomized mixed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 am

How about we add more tiers as more people join the site, after every clan has a new member we can add Ubers, then LC, etc.

So, when you challenge a clan, are your members randomly pickedfor a tier? Or do you get to choose which tier they're going to battle in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:57 am

[TDK] Dxprototype wrote:
i do Randomized mixed

Then bring a mixed team at a OU match, easy.

[MF] McSuper wrote:
How about we add more tiers as more people join the site, after every clan has a new member we can add Ubers, then LC, etc.

So, when you challenge a clan, are your members randomly pickedfor a tier? Or do you get to choose which tier they're going to battle in?
We can add more tiers when we have more players, yes.
And the clan decides between themselves what tier each one plays in, so that's up to y'all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:27 am

Max21 I like NU HELLO???!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:42 am

How about we put a poll like:

option 1: OU UU RU NU
option 2: Uber OU UU RU
option 3: OU OU UU RU

etc

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:48 am

[TDK] Snk wrote:
How about we put a poll like:

option 1: OU UU RU NU
option 2: Uber OU UU RU
option 3: OU OU UU RU

etc

I'm not sure how are we going to sort this out, i say my way is fair enough. But if we make a poll there will be a lot of disagreements and stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:04 am

Well actually, we can do a vote on it. Since we are already having disagreements now, the only real way to sort it out fairly is to create a poll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:30 am

I like snk's idea, each pairing should have it's own tier. As stated before, not all people play OU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:45 pm

naw jus standard will be fine if tiers can be decided on then thats ok but other than that it should be standard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]    The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Battle Society Clan Wars Rules and Guidelines [MUST READ]
Page 1 of 1