The Battle Society
Hello and welcome to The Battle Society! If you haven't done so yet, register and enjoy your stay!
The Battle Society
Hello and welcome to The Battle Society! If you haven't done so yet, register and enjoy your stay!
The Battle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle Society

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Battle Society!
We currently have 2 tournaments running. Check out the Tournaments forum for more details!
The forum has recently went through many changes! Please read the most recent global announcement for more info!
We have officially won the site war against BattleFrontierClan in a complete shutout! Please take the time to congratulate the battlers.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» ANYONE WANT TO BATTLE POKEMON BLACK/WHITE 2
Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:01 am by robbot12345

» Rate the Avatar Above You
Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:43 am by Guest

» Question of the day
Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 pm by Guest

» The Thread Of LOL (your going to hell soon)
Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 pm by Guest

» TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY WANT ! :P
Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 am by Guest

» Music Thread
Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 am by Guest

» Pokemon Roleplaying Adventure
Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 am by Guest

» Glow Shop
Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 am by Guest

» Number game
Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 pm by Guest

Poll
Should we have a team tournament?
Yes
Standard UU Team I_vote_lcap100%Standard UU Team I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 19 ]
No
Standard UU Team I_vote_lcap0%Standard UU Team I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Standard UU Team

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:52 am

TEAM AT A GLANCE

Standard UU Team Xatu11Standard UU Team Scepti11Standard UU Team Darman11Standard UU Team Suicun11Standard UU Team Weavil11Standard UU Team Raikou12

Since I play UU a fair amount, I decided it would be fun to make a team. I like to run balanced teams with both offensive and defensive pokemon. This is no exception. This team contains power, speed, and walling capabilities. Best of all, this all comes in a nice fire water grass package.

Standard UU Team Xatu10

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
-Thunder Wave
-Roost
-Night Shade
-U Turn

Pretty self-explanatory. This is my lead most of the time. He bounces back any hazards or status moves. Also good for spreading around paralysis which helps this team out a lot.

Standard UU Team Scepti10

Sceptile @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrown
Evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-Substitute
-Hidden Power Fire

This guys is great for a number of things. First of all, it can switch into many thing. His blazing fast speed allows him to force a lot of switches. When they switch, set up a sub. Leech seed or attack the opponent and go from there. Often the leech seed recovery along with leftovers is almost as much as the cost of a substitute, allowing him to stall for a very long time. He also fills another hole in this team as being a counter to most bulky waters.

Standard UU Team Darman10

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-U Turn
-Superpower

This guy hits like a truck even with a scarf. His main purpose is to revenge kill. He out speeds almost anything lacking a scarf, and can kill almost anything that doesn't resist him. U turn is great when you know the opponent is going to switch as it gives you switch advantage.

Standard UU Team Suicun10

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Calm Mind
-Scald

Could I yell wall any louder? This thing takes all neutral hits like nothing. Set up a couple of calm minds and then proceed to rest-talk your way to victory. Scald is the choice over surf for the burn. This is because there are still some pokemon that can take surfs at +6.

Standard UU Team Weavil10

Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
-Swords Dance
-Ice Punch Ice Shard
-Night Slash
-Low Kick

Weavile is my late game sweeper. With a swords dance up, not much can take a night slash after the entire team has hopefully been weakened. One thing I'm not too sure about is if I should run ice shard. I prefer to run ice punch for the added power which can come in handy, even after a swords dance.

Standard UU Team Raikou10

Raikou @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Rash Nature (+SpA, -Def)
-Thunderbolt
-Aura Sphere
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Ice

I never liked running the calm mind raikou that is so prevalent, but I did enjoy the power it punched. That's why I decided to bypass a turn of setup and just hit hard from the beginning. The greatness of this set is that nobody expects you to run it. They switch out predicting a calm mind and BAM! Smack them with a thunderbolt for the easy 2HKO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you made it this far, you deserve a cookie. Leave any suggestions below. Much appreciated.

Last edited by LordGSO on Mon May 14, 2012 5:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:00 am

You got a great balanced team. However, to avoid complaining from some people, change raikou's nature to Rash. He only gets aura sphere with a rash nature. Maybe switch swords dance to ice shard to kill those scarf flygons b/c weavile is very fragile

Last edited by Snk on Sat May 12, 2012 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:02 am

I would switch the move Night Slash for Beat Up...it's stronger than Night Slash if u use it at the beginning of the match and I would use Sash instead of Life orb since u already have SW but the rest is cool :3
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:09 am

thegoldenruler14100 wrote:
I would switch the move Night Slash for Beat Up...it's stronger than Night Slash if u use it at the beginning of the match and I would use Sash instead of Life orb since u already have SW but the rest is cool :3

Weavile is meant to be a late game sweeper, so I think night slash is the better option. As for the focus sash, I used to run that until I realized that almost everyone will have some form of entry hazards and I don't have a spinner.
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:10 am

Snk wrote:
You got a great balanced team. However, to avoid complaining from some people, change raikou's nature to Rash. He only gets aura sphere with a rash nature.

Oh god I always forget about that. Thanks for reminding me.
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:10 am

Congrats, first team here that hasn't been locked by me. Will post a rate later.
Back to top Go down
Izzi#IDGAF
Admin

WBC War Participant Posts : 45

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:33 am

Pretty interesting team, it's not too often you run into a Sceptile like that. The only concern I have for your team is the Suicune, since it's only attacking move is Scald it will have to watch out for pokemon with Water Absorb such as Poliwrath and Vapreon, thus giving such pokemon a chance to set up a potential sweep. Other than that, this is a pretty solid team.
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:53 am

poliwrath and vaporeon or barely played in uu
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Vaporeon is ou lols and poliwrath is easily countered by xatu, or at least I would like to think, never actually encountered one in uu, only in ru
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Great team bro Very Happy. Maybe you can help me with my uu team latter.

The only thing i would suggest is using Ice shard over Ice punch on Weavile to avoided being revenged killed by Scarfed pokes. (such as Flygon, Togekiss, and Nidoking just to name a few). It also allows you to out speed other pokes using priority moves, like Hitmontop, who would other wise OHKO you with Mach punch (note: ice shard will only do 180 points of damage on average to Hitmontop so he should be at 59% health or less to ensure a KO). The loss in power doesn't really matter because you have Night slash which only has 5 less base power than Ice punch and has a high critical hit rate. The only poke I think you have to worry about is scarfed Chandelure who takes nothing from Ice shard and can OHKO with Fire blast, but hopefully he's been KOed before you start your sweep Wink.

All in all pretty sweet team Very Happy. let me know if this helped.
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 5:29 am

PK master wrote:
Great team bro Very Happy. Maybe you can help me with my uu team latter.

The only thing i would suggest is using Ice shard over Ice punch on Weavile to avoided being revenged killed by Scarfed pokes. (such as Flygon, Togekiss, and Nidoking just to name a few). It also allows you to out speed other pokes using priority moves, like Hitmontop, who would other wise OHKO you with Mach punch (note: ice shard will only do 180 points of damage on average to Hitmontop so he should be at 59% health or less to ensure a KO). The loss in power doesn't really matter because you have Night slash which only has 5 less base power than Ice punch and has a high critical hit rate. The only poke I think you have to worry about is scarfed Chandelure who takes nothing from Ice shard and can OHKO with Fire blast, but hopefully he's been KOed before you start your sweep Wink.

All in all pretty sweet team Very Happy. let me know if this helped.

Thanks man, that actually helps a lot. Will go and switch that.
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 9:31 am

use either 176(110) or 216(115) speed on sceptile, with hp fire you lose the base 120 speed tie regardless.
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:49 am

Not a bad team good work
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Great team they will not have a hard time crushing most opponents! (like me Razz)
Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:01 am

Old thread is old. Please don't bump threads like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Standard UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard UU Team   Standard UU Team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Standard UU Team
Page 1 of 1